Friday, January 2, 2009

Short update

In preparation for my upcoming Daniel Fast which starts on Monday....I have cut out soda's already from my diet. My last one was on Christmas day and let me tell you, it's been a rough week. I have had some pretty horrible headaches from lack of caffeine but that makes me realize more than anything that it needed to be done.

Also, Ben has decided to do the fast with me. You have no idea how excited this makes me. No idea. Not only is it going to make it easier for me to do, but for him I am deeply excited. I mentioned before that I had a pretty crap-o-la year and well Ben did to. I know he's been struggling big time and having a hard time getting over his past and putting faith in God but we had a long talk the other day and he is ready to be a warrior for God and put his past behind him. Am I am too! I am so anxious about what God is going to reveal to us during this fast and what plans He has for us this year.

The devil kicked us around pretty hard in 2008 but this year it's not going to be that easy for him.

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. " - Psalm 25:4-5

2 comments:

Sam said...

Tell Ben that I am so proud of him for doing the fast with you.

And of course, I'm proud of you too... as always.

Tina said...

This post game me goosebumps. It's awesome that the two of you are doing the fast together. Good for you putting the past behind you. Remember...its a NU THANG!