Thursday, January 8, 2009

God is a pretty cool guy..

Ben and I live out in the country and have a propane tank that we use for heating our house. Well it came time to fill it up for the rest of the winter so I called the company and since I know it could be pretty expensive, I asked if they did a budget billing where I could split the payments over 12 months instead of paying all together. The replied "Oh yes, when you get your bill just call the corporate office and they will set it up." I though that was awesome (since we didn't have the money to pay up front) and told them to come out and fill up the tank. They did.

I got the receipt a few days later and it was $776.07. Yeah that's a big number when you're broke but I didn't think much of it cause if I could pay over 12 months it would be around $65 a month which we could handle.

So the next day I called to set up the budget billing and she said they only set that up between March and September. I was stumped and furious. WHY WOULD THEY NOT TELL ME THAT WHEN I ASKED ABOUT IT?????? So she said we have 30 days to pay and if we didn't it would ruin our credit with them and we would have to pay before they brought it from then on and blah blah blah.

I can't even explain the anger I had. I had to just hang up because I knew I would say things I would regret.

How the heck was I going to pay $776 in a month???

That's when God stepped in.

Ben has a 4-wheeler that he has been trying to sell for about a year and a half with absolutely no luck. Well.....the day after I got the gas bill, Ben got a phone call from a guy wanting to buy it the next day. For how much you may ask???

$800.00

Ben hadn't prayed about selling his 4-wheeler until a couple of days before and I was praying for God to provide.

Kinda awesome that as soon as something hit us that we couldn't pay, God gave us the money to pay it. God is so cool.

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." (Psalm 55:22)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a happy day for him when he gave us our new lives, through the truth of his Word, and we became, as it were, the first children in his new family. JAMES 1:18 LB

Perri said...

I love stories like that. Just another example of how God cares about everything in your life.