Thursday, August 23, 2007

The new addition to our family...

No I'm not pregnant....this is so much better! (at least I think so)

Yesterday I was in my basic photography class and my professor was going over the million supplies we need for the class when he added nonchalantly that we are REQUIRED to buy a digital camera for both this class and my other class, studio practices. And not just any digital camera, an SLR digital camera which run $400 at the least. So since I am being FORCED to buy one, I thought it'd be silly to buy the cheapest one when they will be outdated in just a year or so. I should go ahead and get a camera that will last me awhile so I don't have to buy another one as soon. So I did a little looking around online and settled on one that has great features and will last a LONG time...it's just a couple (hundred) more dollars than 400 but it is really really worth it. I ordered it online at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ which I strongly recommend if you need anything to do with photography. They are about the cheapest you'll find and all my photo professors buy from there too. So without further ado, I introduce to you my new baby:

It's a Canon EOS 30D, 8.2 megapixel.

I know, I know, it's beautiful. I can't wait till it gets here....I will be sharing my pictures with you all very soon. It's like waiting for a baby to be born....the anticipation is killing me. Well enough about my new toy, I'll let ya'll know when it gets here!

7 comments:

MEAGAN said...

Yay! Congrats on the new baby, lol! It looks really nice!

Perri said...

Hey, That is a cool class! I love your camera - how exciting to be forced to buy one.

Trin said...

Oh Oh, you must try it out on my family!! We are in need of new family pics and my kids would just love to be test subjects for your new toy!! So excited for you!!
Love ya!

Andi said...

Crimney Jada- what a cool camera! So what did this do to Ben's big screen plans?

Jada said...

Well the big screen will only be bought if his 4-wheeler gets sold.

Melissa said...

We need family pics if you need practice!!!! That's the camera I want too.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Oh no...I just looked below this comment screen. Another funky word verification! I hate these!