Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Not so good

Last night was the first night in awhile that Ben and I actually got to spend some time together because of my hectic schedule. So we decided to watch Blades of Glory with Will Ferrell and it was pretty much awesome. Then Ben really wanted to make some home made chocolate chip cookies which I thought sounded yummy. Let me give you a little background on my cooking. It sucks. I always seem to mess up ANYTHING I make somehow. For example, for the 4th of July I made a homemade cheese cake and it came out soggy, messy, gross. Unless it comes in a box, I will mess it up. But I thought, "how could I possibly ruin chocolate chip cookies?" and besides, Ben (being the much better cook) was right there with me. So we got to cooking and all went fine....until the first batch came out of the oven. They looked like crap...literally....crap. We had no idea why they looked so gross until I took one more look at the recipe. It called for 2 and 1/4 cups of flour and I only put 1 1/4.... oops. Needless to say I felt like an absolute idiot. So we fixed the problem and finished the rest of them and they were all quite scrumptious.
SO....I've decided I need to start cooking more often then I do now....which is never, to get some practice. I want to be a good cook. So I will be trying new recipes and see how badly I can mess them up to. Hopefully I will get better at it.

1 comment:

Andi said...

I'm living proof that cooking is an aquired skill. Even though I still sometimes suck- most of the time I can get by with passable. It just takes practice and cheap ingredients so if you need to- you can re-do it!