Friday, April 2, 2010

My Papaw

It's been about a year and a half since he passed away. and though I wasn't extremely close to him, he was the only grandpa I knew and I miss seeing him dearly. Today, I'm honoring his memory with a few facts and memories I have about my grandfather.

My papaw was a quiet man. He was never much of one for conversation but he was full of love and had a huge heart and wouldn't hesitate to help a neighbor or a stranger.

He loved my grandma more than life itself and it filled my soul up with love just watching them.

His two best friends were his recliner and his weiner dog, Barney.

His yard and garden were his pride and joy.

He was very cold natured. He NEVER wore shorts and would wear his winter coat until it was 90 degrees outside.

Even if he didn't say much, he had a great sense of humor that showed occationally and unexpectedly.

He did the BEST Donald Duck impression.

Today my Papaw would have been 76 years old.

Happy Birthday Papaw.

Love you and miss you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post made me laugh and cry a little today. I miss them both so much. They would be so proud of you. Because you have grown up to be such a beautiful women. And they would have adored Amelia. Thank You for such a loving tribute to you papaw. love you Mom