Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We are...

officially home owners. We closed on our house last night and we got the rest of our stuff moved. I am so excited and even more exhausted. We moved all weekend (well Ben moved and I cleaned..and cleaned...and cleaned) So last night was our first night in the new house. It was not pleasant. Not that I'm ungrateful at all because I LOVE the house....it's just not quite up and running yet.

First is the water. So the water had been turned off for like a year. That's a year of water sitting in the pipes/water heater. So when we turned it on and started using it it had a very funky smell. And by funky I mean like rotten eggs. Very old rotten eggs. On top of that, I went to take a shower last night and there was no hot water. Yeah...so we have very stinky, cold water. We aren't sure why there is no hot water. Ben is going to look at it the water heater today and see if he can figure it out. But the stinky water, we are clueless. I thought after it had run for awhile the smell would go away but that is not happening. Anyone have any idea how to get rid of the smell???

Also, the a/c seems to not be working. It is running but only warm air is coming out. I'm thinking (hoping) it just needs some free-on and will be fine. So any one know how to do that?

Oh the joys of home ownership :)

2 comments:

Heidi Kellems said...

Talk to Mike F. about the A/C... Unsure about the water smell situation. The cold water could be that you have agas water heater and you don't have the gas turned on or the heater isn't lit.

Laura & chris said...

I always thought the rotten egg smell was due to sulfur in the water?? congratulations on the new house! The Ambrose Family