Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home sweet home (without power....still)

We have been without power at our new house for 2 and 1/2 days now. Even better is that we have no water because our well pump is electric. Lovely. I spent the first night at Trin's which wasn't bad it just wasn't my bed and it's always hard for me to sleep when I'm not in my own bed. Yesterday I went to mom's to shower and stuff. I ended up sleeping (well trying to) at my house and halfway through the night Ben came home with batteries for his fan. I fell right to sleep after that. I am never going to take advantage of the sound of a fan again. So I am hoping and praying that when I get off work, I will go home to a house with power and water. That would be awesome.

As for the dog, we decided that now is really not the best time for a new dog. We are going to wait a few months and get settled in and then I think we will get a puppy. Maybe.

Ben started his job at Crackle Barrel yesterday. He is just training on the computer right now so it's not too bad. He thinks he will like it. I hope he does.

That's it for now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know and understand the sleeping with a fan 100%. I also have a sound machine right next to my bed, which is also takes batteries, so I have it if the power goes out. If you need anything let us know, we are here for ya.