Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Big News!

and no it's not that I'm pregnant!...haha.... I got a new job.

Before I left Woodforest, I had put applications in at different banks to try and get on at another one in town. Since that was in January, I figured by now they weren't interested. I was wrong as always.

Last Friday morning the head honcho guy from People's Bank called and wanted me to come in for an interview. I was amazed. This is the same bank I went for an interview last year about this time and they ended up deciding they didn't want to hire anyone.

Well my interview was yesterday morning and they said they would let me know no later than the beginning of next week.

He called this afternoon to offer me a part time teller position.

I am beyond excited because I will be working the hours I want which is right at 32 hours a week, perfect for being able to get homeowrk done too. It also pays pretty good. It is more than I made at Woodforest but less then Subway but I'm OK with that.

Did I mention it is like three buildings down from my apartment so I can walk to work everyday? With gas at $3.18 right now, imagine how much money will be saved by not having to drive to Newburgh everyday!

The bad news is that I have to tell Mary I'm quitting AGAIN. I feel like such a schmuck because she welcomed me back with open arms and a smile and now I am just going to leave again. BUT I did put in this application BEFORE I went back to Subway so it's not like I went behind her back to find another job...right?

Anyway I will tell her in the morning.....Wish me luck!

I'm so excited that I get to dress up for work!...lol...a reason to go shopping!

4 comments:

Heidi Kellems said...

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!

Trin said...

YAY shopping trip!!!

Unknown said...

YEA!!!! Congratulations!

MEAGAN said...

Yay! So happy for you!!