Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Love

So I went to get my books for school today and on the way back I thought I'd stop at the Humane Society to see if they had any dogs I'd like. I really didn't think they would because they never do but today my luck changed.

Ben and I have been kind of looking for a dog lately but have come up empty handed. Well today was the day.

As I was walking through the kennel looking at all the dogs, I stopped in my tracks. There sat a dog, while all the others were howling and barking, sweet and quiet and sad looking. Teddy was his name. I immediately asked if I could get him out. I walked him around and asked about him. The lady said he had just been brought back after being adopted because the person didn't have enough time for him. This made my heart sink. I asked how much he was and she said since he had been paid for once, we could have him for only $25. What else could I have asked for??? I told her I had to talk to Ben and we might be back.

Then I took a deep breath and drove home thinking about how I would ask Ben if I could have this HUGE dog.

Ben is not much for dogs and I thought for sure he'd say something along the lines of "We don't have room for a big dog" or "I don't really want a dog now". But still I went home with high hopes.

I talked to Ben and explained everything and he agreed to go look at him. We took Ozzy to see how they would get along.

Needless to say Ozzy fell in love as did Ben once we got there. We let them play for a while and they got along GREAT. Teddy was very gentle and calm. So we asked the lady for some time to talk about it.

After about 20 minutes of pondering the pros and cons Ben finally said OK! I jumped up and down. I finally got the big dog I always wanted.

Now even though he was named Tedy and that fits him very well because he is very cuddly, I didn't like that name. We got home and thought of what WE wanted to name him and came up with Cyrus. I think it fits him just as well but is more us.

So without further ado meet our new baby Cyrus. He is 1 and 1/2 and is very very good. He already knows "no" ,"sit" and, "lay down". In other terms , he is perfect!




and he says he doesn't like dogs.
All wore out!
Well all I have to say is I pretty much love this dog.


2 comments:

MEAGAN said...

He's soooo cute!! Scout can't wait to meet her new friend!!

Anonymous said...

So Cute