Friday, February 26, 2010

Learning to relax

So I really haven't felt like my self for the past, oh, 13 months or so. Ever since I found out I was pregnant with Mia, it's like I was transported to a different body and mind. It wasn't bad, but I just felt like I wasn't me anymore. I was a nurturer of this tiny soul inside of me and then, after having her, I become a mother and still had to feed and care for this little person. Well, I stopped breastfeeding about a month and a half ago and nature has taken over and strangely I feel like the old me again. Not completely of course, having Amelia has forever changed me, but a tiny piece of the old me is still there, calm yet thriving.

I have at last learned how to be a mom and do normal everyday things. It's just common place now and not something I am constantly thinking about, like, "I have to make sure we have this, this, and this if we go out with the baby", or, "We can't go out until after the baby eats." I just go with the flow. That was the hardest thing to learn so far on this journey of mommy hood.


Just relax, everything will be ok.


So what if her shirt has spit up on it? or we may have to wait 30 minutes at the restaurant and she may get fussy? I have realized its not the end of the world if she doesn't have a bib to match her cute outfit. What matters is that I have this perfect little girl that makes my heart swell with her smiles and makes the end to every day perfect. She has taught me lots in the nearly 6 months she's been here.







She completes me.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Well said Sista!